Countdown To Christmas With FSD: Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Celebrate the season with Food Service Direct as we countdown to Christmas. Food Service Direct, the premier online marketplace the food industry and shoppers are turning to for all their products, shares their favorite holiday recipes that you can incorporate in your celebrations this year.
To start off the Christmas countdown we’re sharing a classic Christmad recipe, Gingerbread Cookies. These are the perfect holiday treat for family, friends and even Santa Claus.
Here is everything you need to know to make these delicious cookies:
· 10 Tablespoons (2/3 cup; 145g) unsalted butter
· 3/4 cup (150g) brown sugar
· 2/3 cup (160ml) unsulphured molasses
· 1 large egg, at room temperature
· 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
· 3 and 1/2 cups (438g) all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 Tablespoon ground ginger (yes, 1 full Tablespoon!)
· 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1. In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and molasses and beat on medium high speed until combined and creamy-looking.
2. Next, beat in an egg and vanilla on high speed for 2 full minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves together until combined.
4. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined.
5. Wrap each up tightly and pat down to create a disc shape. Chill discs for at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2-3 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
7. Remove 1 disc of chilled cookie dough from the refrigerator. Generously flour a work surface. Roll out the disc until 1/4-inch thick. Cut into shapes. Place shapes 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake cookies for about 9-10 minutes. Keep in mind that the longer the cookies bake, the harder and crunchier they’ll be.
9. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely, decorate as desired