If you are a caterer looking to accommodate multifaceted customer demands, you know the struggle of ordering for different palates for guest lists, both small and large. From corporate events to weddings - here are 10 simple solutions that can create versatile and exciting menu items for your next catering job.
PLUS! All of these items are available online in bulk, without any memberships or business accounts required. They can even be delivered to any address, meaning you can ship these directly to the location of an off-site event.
1. Keebler Ready Crust Pastry Shells: Baking your best-selling pies and tarts got a whole lot easier with these pastry shells from Keebler Ready Crust. From savory cheese pies to sweet pumpkin tarts - you can use these pre-baked shells to make bite-sized appetizers or desserts for guests. You can order this pantry essential from Food Service Direct.
2. Rich’s Yeast-Raised Donut Hole: Donuts have always been one of the popular go-to breakfast (or dessert) options across the United States. Made with premium-quality ingredients, these yeast-raised donuts from Rich’s let guests start their day on a sweet note. Serve these donuts as is or with a scoop of your guest’s favorite ice cream as a delectable dessert.
3. Pancho Villa Taco Shells: Tacos are super versatile, and can be catered to various diets, if made on site. If you want to add some Mexican flair to your catering event, consider these taco shells from Pancho Villa. Fill these whole-grain shells with meats, meat-alternatives, cheeses and fresh toppings to make delectable finger foods that clients and guests will love.
4. Rotella’s Italian Bakery Mini Hawaiian Buns: Make meal time special for your event with these mini Hawaiian buns from Rotella’s Italian Bakery. Infused with real pineapple juice for a tangy and sweet flavor, these buns are a perfect match for flavorful sloppy Joes, succulent burgers and easy deli sandwiches. Be it a corporate function or a social event - these buns would definitely be a hit with all age groups. Do not forget to add this pantry staple to your restock list the next time you shop online from Food Service Direct.
5. Philips Seafood Assorted Fried Dim Sums: Looking for an Asian-inspired dish to add to your catering menu? Your search ends here with these assorted dim sums from Philips Sea Food. Filled with juicy shrimps and traditional Asian ingredients, these dim sums make for a great addition to seafood platters. Handmade in Asia, this assorted pack includes shrimp spring rolls, shrimp wontons and shrimp money bags. Serve these delectable finger foods with a dipping sauce of your choice.
6. Tablecraft Mini Disposable Serving Cups: These serving cups from Tablecraft are a great alternative to traditional ramekins, bowls or cups. You can use them to display desserts, sides and appetizers at your next catering event. These serving cups are easily disposable, which make them an excellent choice for environmentally-conscious businesses. Buy a pack of Tablecraft serving cup from Food Service Direct and discover many ways to use this cute portion cup.
7. New Day Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes: Make any occasion sweeter for guests with the New Day chocolate mini bundt cakes. These bundt cakes are made with premium-quality chocolate and can be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or topped with pretty much anything to match an event theme. Get this pack of New Day mini bundt cake delivered to your door by ordering online from Food Service Direct.
8. Cuisine Innovations Assorted Mini Cheesecakes: Everybody is a fan of cheesecakes! Don’t settle for one when you have multiple options available with these Cuisine Innovations assorted mini cheesecakes. This cheesecake collection comes in six decadent flavors - cherry, chocolate curls, blueberry, pineapple, peanut butter nut and lemon coconut. Made with real cream cheese, these cheesecakes have a smooth texture and a rich flavor that would satisfy your guests’ dessert cravings. This dessert from Cuisine Innovations can be enhanced with additional toppings, or even just placed around a larger cheesecake for visual appeal.
9. Athens Phyllo Shells: From sweet appetizers to mini desserts - these phyllo shells from Athens can be used to make crowd-pleasers at your next catering event. Made with light, flaky layers of dough, these fully-baked shells help save prep time and labor. Fill them with sweet or savory ingredients including hummus, cheese, fresh fruits and more - the possibilities are limitless. Order your pack of Athens phyllo shells online from Food Service Direct!
10. Keebler Colosso Waffle Cones: Make dessert time more enjoyable for your guests with these waffle cones from Keebler. These cones have a made-from-scratch taste with the iconic waffle cone texture that people love. With more room than a standard cone, these waffle cones are a great way for guests to enjoy a generous serving of their favorite ice cream. You can also dunk these cones in marshmallow crème or melted chocolate to customize your treat.