So it's National Sandwich month in August. However, when is it NOT sandwich month? In the United States, sandwiches have been the staple of working class Americans, school age students, and now, they've taken on a whole food group of their own. If you want to stay on top when it comes to this classic lunch (and breakfast!) here are some ideas to level up your sandwich game:
1. Violife Just Like Cheddar Slices: If you are looking for a vegan alternative to your favorite cheddar cheese, these cheese slices from Violife might just do the trick. With a creamy texture, these non-dairy cheese slices elevate the taste of any sandwich or burger to a new level. Keep your pantry stocked with a pack of Violife cheddar cheese slices.
2. Mountain Farm Gluten Free White Bread: Bring home a pantry staple with this healthy white bread from Mountain Farm. Pre-sliced for convenience, this gluten-free bread is perfect for making French toasts, grilled cheese sandwiches and a lot more. With a soft texture and fresh-from-the-oven taste, it would be an instant hit with guests seeking to skip gluten. Get this pack of Mountain Farm white bread delivered to your door by ordering online from Food Service Direct!
3. French’s Crispy Jalapeños: Spice has stayed on trend. Differentiate your crisps on sandwiches (and even salads) to keep taste buds spinning with these crispy jalapeños from French’s. With a crunchy texture and bold flavor, these jalapeños are the perfect accompaniment to burgers, salads, hot dogs, nachos and more. Don’t forget to buy a pack of French’s jalapeños the next time you order online from Food Service Direct.
4. Gehl’s Premium Jalapeño Cheese Sauce: Gehl’s premium jalapeño cheese sauce is made with the goodness of real cheese, premium-quality jalapeños and pepper. With a rich, creamy texture and bold flavor, this cheese sauce will add a new dimension of flavor when added to your usual menu. Pair it with favorite sandwiches, or offer as a side or add-on to increase checks.
5. Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Smoked Bacon: Made from carefully selected cuts of pork, the Jimmy Dean smoked bacon makes for a delicious addition to your breakfast menu and breakfast sandwiches that save time. Naturally smoked to perfection, these bacon slices would be an instant hit with most bacon and pork lovers. Use them to make the classic bacon, egg, and cheese, BLTs, or any sandwich add-on.
6. KRAFT Sweet Honey Dijon Dressing: Bring your favorite food to life with this honey mustard dressing from KRAFT. This versatile dressing has a perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors that complements a wide range of foods including sandwiches, burgers, fries and more. With no artificial flavors or MSG, you would definitely feel good about adding it to entrees and appetizers you serve. You're a click away from buying this pack of KRAFT honey mustard dressing.
7. Volpi Prosciutto: This prosciutto from Volpi makes for a scrumptious addition to your meal menu. Slow-aged to perfection, this pre-sliced prosciutto is salted, hand-rubbed and air-dried for a perfect melt-in-the mouth texture. This is a well loved meat, that many American literally eat alone on boards of cheese and bread, so just imagine what it could do for your sandwiches - these are just some of the ways to enjoy this dry-cured prosciutto from Volpi.
You're not limited to just these options. For sandwiches, the imagination you apply will change the outcome for the palette of your guests. Some places add chips and even Hot Cheetos into sandwiches! Your menu is limitless, and anything you need, you can search for on Food Service Direct.